Beauty Roundup: products that will save you money and make you happy!
As much as I love to splurge every now and then, there’s nothing like finding a great drugstore product that meets all your expectations. Here are a few of my very favorites— the ones I buy over and over again.
- Suave Professional’s Dry Shampoo ($3) This dry shampoo rules them all. I’ve been testing every dry shampoo I can find for years, and this is one of the best I’ve ever used. And for less than $3, it definitely can’t be beat. It’s one of the least sticky formulas I’ve ever used, and the smell isn’t too bad either. I actually stock up on this stuff, because I use it every other day.
- Up and Up’s Women’s Razors ($11 for 5) Razors are so expensive, but at the same time, so necessary (for me, anyway). I don’t have a particular brand allegiance, so I’ve enjoyed these ones from Target’s in-house brand. But mostly, I enjoy the price.
- Bioré Pore Strips ($8 for 14) If you’ve ever picked up the box and wondered if these suckers work, the answer is an emphatic YES. (If you don’t believe me, take a look through this gallery of disgusting.) I’ve been using them for years, and I recently got my guy hooked on them. They’re faster and more effective than trying to squeeze blackheads out on your own, and they come in at under 60¢ each. Just take a shower and put one on your wet nose after you get out; wait about 10 minutes, and peel if off slowly from the edges inward. Prepare to be grossed out!
- Clear Hair Care’s Complete Care Shampoo ($5) I have thick, somewhat oily hair that’s prone to buildup (possibly because I use so much dry shampoo). After wandering the aisles of Target looking for a new shampoo, I happened upon this one, marked with the Allure Beauty Awards' stamp of approval, and I decided to give it a try. It leaves my hair feeling soft and clean without being completely stripped of its natural oils (read: no squeaky hair). I also love the smell.
- St. Ives’ Apricot Scrub ($4) Another Allure Beauty Awards winner, and my longtime main squeeze when it comes to exfoliation. Use this every other day, and your skin will be smoother, softer, and (if you’re like me), less broken out. Hurray!
- CoverGirl’s Eye Enhancers 3-Kit Shadow in Shimmering Sands ($4) This palette has been my daily go-to for several years now. Subtle enough for every day wear and with just a bit of sparkle, I don’t see a point in the future when this won’t be in my makeup bag.